Log Cabin Chronicles
You know you've been logging on too much lately when
- You just tried to enter your password on the microwave.
- You now think of three espressos as "getting wasted."
- You haven't played solitaire with a real deck of cards in years.
- You call your son's beeper to let him know it's time to eat. He emails you back from his bedroom with "What's for dinner?"
- Your daughter sells Girl Scout Cookies via her web site.
- You chat several times a day with a stranger from South Africa, but you haven't spoken with your next door neighbor yet this year.
- You didn't give your valentine a card this year, but you posted one for your e-mail buddies via a web page.
- Your grandmother clogs up your e-mail inbox asking you to send her a .jpg of your newborn so she can create a screen saver.
- You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
- You buy a computer and a week later it is out of date and now sells for half the price you paid.
- Your reason for not staying in touch with family is that they do not have e-mail addresses.
- You consider second-day air delivery painfully slow.
- You obtain most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.
- You're reading this.
- Even worse, you're going to forward it to someone else
Home | Stories | Features
Copyright © 2000 John Mahoney/Log Cabin Chronicles/07.00