Pigwidgeon Press was established in 1986 to publish original works of fact and fiction, and reprints of books that focus on the border communities of the Eastern Townships of Quebec and the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. The people living in this lovely region have been closely linked for two centuries, and we are committed to helping maintain these vital connections. We guarantee our high-quality books will satisfy, or your money promptly and cheerfully refunded.
U.S customers: John Mahoney, PO Box 706, Derby Line, VT 05830. Tel: 819.876.2538.
Canadian customers: John Mahoney, 9410 Boynton Road RR2, Ayer's Cliff, Quebec J0B 1C0. 819.876.2538.
- Passage to America. By Terry Coleman, well-known British author and journalist. The story of the Irish immigration to North America in the mid-19th century famine years. Deluxe hard-cover reprint, 355 pp. $20 (U.S.), $25 (Can.) postpaid.
- Eastern Townships Adventures. By Bernard Epps. Short anecdotal and chronological stories about the creation of settlement of the Townships, to 1837. Paperback, 239 pp. $17 (U.S.), $20 (Can.) postpaid.
- Rambling Man. By Charles Moore. Short, folksy newspaper columns about growing up on the shores of Lake Memphremagog. Fun reading. Paperback, 192 pp. $10 (U.S.), $15 (Can.) postpaid.
- Talking Country. By Lewis Poteet, author of The Hockey Slang Book and others. Colorful slang phrases of the Eastern Townships. Paperback, with historical photographs. $10 (U.S.), $15 (Can.) postpaid.
- The Country Bread and Soup Book. By Jane Goyette. Fantastic recipes from a farm kitchen that work every time. Contains instructions how to build a traditional Quebec wood-fired bread oven. No-rust wire binding (lies flat), large format, 112 pp. $15 (U.S.), $20 (Can.) postpaid.
HOME | OTHER STUFF
Copyright © John Mahoney 1999/Log Cabin Chronicles/8/99